|Church of Sveti Jovan at Kaneo - everybody takes this picture|
|View from Jovanovic Guesthouse|
|The official name of this statue is "Warrior on a Horse"|
|"Father of Warrior on a Horse"|
we decided to visit both monasteries and skip the day trip to Prizren. We were able to take a taxi to Gracanica and we took two buses (and walked a total of two miles) to get to Visoki Decani. Both monasteries lived up to expectations. The frescos were amazing (no pictures allowed inside) and the settings were spectacular.
We spent our last morning in Kosovo at the Jewish Cemetery and then caught a bus back to Skopje for one more night and one more delicious meal.
Things I Learned:
- It is pronounced "Sko-pee-a"
- The official name of Macedonia is the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
- The unofficial names of "Warrior on a Horse" and "Father of Warrior on a Horse".
- I want to move to Peja, Kosovo.
- Another term for sequins is sparkling elements (I actually learned that in Albania.)
- Ajvar is really good.
|Peppers for making ajvar|