I had a meeting in New England and decided to combine it with a visit to family, some hiking, and a trip to Boston. I also tried out some new travel clothes in preparation for my next trip to Europe (I decided to stick with ExOfficio and Helly Hansen).
I had a wonderful visit with my cousin in Northampton. I spent a day exploring the town, shopping, and eating at every local bakery. A great way to start my vacation, topped off with a trip to Fenway Park to see the White Sox play the Red Sox. The best part of the four and a half hour White Sox loss was this (which as far as I know is only available at Fenway Park):
|Popcorn with Cheetos flavoring mixed with Cheetos|
North Woodstock, New Hampshire (White Mountains)
|Cascade Park - North Woodstock, New Hampshire|
The old port section of town is pretty nice and I found this wonderful museum. I've heard the seafood is outstanding.
I attended summer school in Boston 46 years ago. The only places that looked familiar were Fenway Park, my dorm, Harvard Square, Harvard Yard, and this place - the first bar I ever visited.
I spent two days walking around the city eating and wishing I had gone to New York.
Other Outstanding Food
- Doughnuts at Tart Bakery, Northampton
- Herrell's Ice Cream, Northampton
- Beer selection at Jacob Wirth, Boston
- Cannoli at Bova's Bakery, Boston
- Gelato at Gorgeous Gelato, Portland
- I never need to return to Boston.
- I think I could handle hiking the Appalachian Trail for a couple of days if I don't have to pick a trail name.